This “Talk About” tour will guide to and through the ornately decorated Moorish palaces and fortress where water represents life and life is remembered through legends. There is simply no better place then the Alhambra to step back in time and appreciate the art and architecture of the Islamic people who ruled Spain for hundreds of years. So, stroll at a Sultan’s pace, let the Spanish breeze skim over the aqueducts cooling the air around you and listen as we provide history and insight that you’ll find nowhere else.
Your download will also include a printable PDF map created exclusively for this “Talk About” guide.
On this tour we’ll see and hear about:
• Purchasing tickets to the Alhambra and how to get there
• A history of the Islamic rule of Spain
• Who was a “Moor”
• The ruins of the Upper Alhambra
• The Palace of Charles V
• The Wine Gate and Square of Cisterns
• The Alcazaba
• Dungeon Silos
• Every courtyard, patio, hall and room of the Nasrid Palace
• The Court of Lions
• The blood stained fountain in the Hall of Abencerrajes
• Washington Irving’s stay at the Alhambra
• Arab Baths
• The Tower Walk
• The Generalife or summer retreat of the Sultan
• And much much more including; what the Arabic inscriptions mean throughout the palace and who exactly was this Charles V who built a palace right in the middle of the Alhambra.
By purchasing this audio guide you can easily download the entire album of tracks to your MP3 player or ipod and explore the Alhambra at your own pace. There’s no need to follow a group or pay outlandish prices to have someone dictate how long you can linger and enjoy the sights. The low cost of this downloadable tour, which can be shared with others in your family, ensures you’ll have more money to spend on exploring the rest of Granada and Tapas tasting when you return to the city.
Please be aware that we at noambit pride ourselves on giving you real advice from real travelers. For this reason our tours are not narrated by professional actors reading a script in some studio far removed from the experience they talk about. Each and every one of our tours is written, read and created by the travel passionate editors of noambit, Ryan Sexton and myself, Chris Cook.
Remember you are walking in a real world full of cars, bikes, lost tourists and pickpockets. Take care when listening to our tours and be aware of your surroundings. noambit can not be held liable for any loss or injury while enjoying our tours.
Average duration of tour–3.5 hours
Duration of continuous audio–90 minutes
Number of tracks–30
Distance covered–Approx. 2.5 miles from the entrance of the Alhambra (3 miles from city)